How to Hire Professional Dewey AZ Floor Installers
When searching for local floor installers near Dewey AZ, you want contractors that are not only experienced working with wood, laminate or vinyl flooring, but also professionals that will deliver a superior and beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new kitchen pergo flooring or living room bamboo flooring to both friends and family. A skilled residential or commercial flooring contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger flooring or home remodeling company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent local reputation for quality service at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person prior to making your decision so that you know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a floor installation contractor.
Hardwood, Laminate and Vinyl Flooring
Following is a partial list of some of the services a professional Dewey AZ floor remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of home improvement or remodeling not listed, please request a free quote for more information.
- Hardwood flooring installation and refinishing
- Laminate flooring Installation
- Wood flooring replacement and repair
- Commercial Flooring installation
- Vinyl and linoleum floor installation and repair
- Bamboo flooring installation
- Hardwood floor cleaning
Choosing a Local Flooring Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for flooring installation, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all Dewey AZ contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So for your protection and satisfaction, follow these general guidelines when considering hiring a flooring expert for your new kitchen, bathroom or family room flooring project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Dewey AZ floor remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local floor contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Arizona, as well as Dewey or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as your State Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Dewey AZ flooring contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Dewey AZ floor remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Bit About Dewey AZ
Dewey-Humboldt is a town in Yavapai County, Arizona, United States. The population of the town was 3,894 according to the 2010 census. The Dewey-Humboldt area was a census-designated place (CDP) at the 2000 census, at which time its population was 6,295.
Dewey-Humboldt was incorporated on December 20, 2004, from the existing unincorporated towns of Dewey and Humboldt, located adjacent to one another in the Agua Fria River Valley, 15 miles east of Prescott.
After discovery of gold on Lynx Creek in the spring of 1863, the Dewey area was settled around the summer 1863 by pioneer prospector, rancher and Indian-fighter King Woolsey (1832–1879), who founded the Agua Fria Ranch, in what was then known as "Woolsey Valley," to supply the miners. Woolsey used stones from a prehistoric ruin to build his ranch house, built an irrigation system off the Agua Fria (probably part of a prehistoric system), and introduced some of the first cattle into newly organized Yavapai County (1864). At the "falls" of the Agua Fria at present Humboldt, Woolsey built a small quartz mill to work gold ores from the nearby hills and a small water-powered grist mill. During 1864, he led the storied Woolsey Expeditions to the east in retaliatory raids on Apache and in search of gold; all failed to find a new Eldorado. All these activities caused his bankruptcy, and sale of the ranch property to the Bowers Brothers, sutlers at Fort Whipple. The brothers continued to use the house and farm the lands to supply the region with corn, barley, and other agricultural products. (The ruins of Woolsey's ranch house can still be seen between the old Black Canyon Highway and the Agua Fria River about one mile north of Humboldt. The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.)
As the valley began to fill up with a few ranches and farms, a post office was established in 1875. The stage station (Prescott to Phoenix wagon road via Black Canyon) and post office nearby was named "Agua Fria." By the early 1870s water diversions were being used to irrigate an extensive area of corn and other crops. In the mid-1870s a small water-powered, silver-lead furnace, "Agua Fria Furnace," was built to work the ores from what would become the Iron King mine area. The small plant, built at the site of Woolsey's earlier mill at today's Humboldt, proved the value of the region, but was too isolated to make a profit.
Search for the Right Dewey AZ Flooring Contractor Now
Searching for the right local floor remodeling contractor in Dewey AZ is easy. Just request a free estimate from our preferred vendor on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed floor installers servicing your area. Professionals are standing by waiting for the opportunity to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional to install your beautiful new floor at the right price now!
Other Important Cities in Arizona
Business Results 1 - 10 of 25