How to Hire Professional Bay Minette AL Floor Installers
When searching for local floor installers near Bay Minette AL, you want contractors that are not only experienced working with wood, laminate or vinyl flooring, but also professionals that will deliver a superior and beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new kitchen pergo flooring or living room bamboo flooring to both friends and family. A skilled residential or commercial flooring contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger flooring or home remodeling company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent local reputation for quality service at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person prior to making your decision so that you know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a floor installation contractor.
Hardwood, Laminate and Vinyl Flooring
Following is a partial list of some of the services a professional Bay Minette AL floor remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of home improvement or remodeling not listed, please request a free quote for more information.
- Hardwood flooring installation and refinishing
- Laminate flooring Installation
- Wood flooring replacement and repair
- Commercial Flooring installation
- Vinyl and linoleum floor installation and repair
- Bamboo flooring installation
- Hardwood floor cleaning
Choosing a Local Flooring Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for flooring installation, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all Bay Minette AL contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So for your protection and satisfaction, follow these general guidelines when considering hiring a flooring expert for your new kitchen, bathroom or family room flooring project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Bay Minette AL floor remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local floor contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Bay Minette or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as your State Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Bay Minette AL flooring contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Bay Minette AL floor remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Bit About Bay Minette AL
Bay Minette, Alabama
In the first days of Baldwin County, the town of McIntosh Bluff (now in Mobile County, west of Baldwin County) on the Tombigbee River was the county seat. After being transferred to the town of Blakeley in 1810, the county seat was later moved to the city of Daphne in 1868. In 1900, by an act of the legislature of Alabama, the county seat was authorized for relocation to the city of Bay Minette; however, the city of Daphne resisted relocation. The citizens of Bay Minette moved the county records from Daphne in the middle of the night on October 11–12, 1901 and delivered them to the city of Bay Minette - where the Baldwin County seat remains to this day. A mural for the new post office built in 1937 was commissioned by the WPA and painted by Hilton Leech of Bridgeport, Connecticut, to commemorate this event.
In September 2011, the town attempted to enact a program called "Operation Restore Our Community". It would have allowed those convicted of a misdemeanor to substitute imprisonment with mandatory church attendance for one year. However, this program was challenged due to violating separation of church and state, and the program's start was delayed for judicial review. It appears to have been scrapped.
Bay Minette is located near the center of Baldwin County in southern Alabama at 30°53′0″N 87°46′38″W / 30.88333°N 87.77722°W / 30.88333; -87.77722 (30.883446, -87.777183). It is sited on high ground 5 miles (8 km) east of the Mobile River/Tensaw River valley and 6 miles (10 km) west of the Florida border formed by the Perdido River. U.S. Route 31 passes through the center of the city, leading south to Spanish Fort and northeast to Atmore. Interstate 65 passes about 5 miles (8 km) north of the city, with access from exit 34 (State Route 59) and exit 37 (State Route 287).
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Bay Minette has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps. 
Search for the Right Bay Minette AL Flooring Contractor Now
Searching for the right local floor remodeling contractor in Bay Minette AL is easy. Just request a free estimate from our preferred vendor on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed floor installers servicing your area. Professionals are standing by waiting for the opportunity to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional to install your beautiful new floor at the right price now!
Other Important Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 8