How to Hire Professional Alabaster AL Floor Installers
When searching for local floor installers near Alabaster AL, you want contractors that are not only experienced working with wood, laminate or vinyl flooring, but also professionals that will deliver a superior and beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new kitchen pergo flooring or living room bamboo flooring to both friends and family. A skilled residential or commercial flooring contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger flooring or home remodeling company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent local reputation for quality service at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person prior to making your decision so that you know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a floor installation contractor.
Hardwood, Laminate and Vinyl Flooring
Following is a partial list of some of the services a professional Alabaster AL floor remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of home improvement or remodeling not listed, please request a free quote for more information.
- Hardwood flooring installation and refinishing
- Laminate flooring Installation
- Wood flooring replacement and repair
- Commercial Flooring installation
- Vinyl and linoleum floor installation and repair
- Bamboo flooring installation
- Hardwood floor cleaning
Choosing a Local Flooring Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for flooring installation, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all Alabaster AL contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So for your protection and satisfaction, follow these general guidelines when considering hiring a flooring expert for your new kitchen, bathroom or family room flooring project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Alabaster AL floor remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local floor contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Alabaster or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as your State Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Alabaster AL flooring contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Alabaster AL floor remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Bit About Alabaster AL
Alabaster is a city and southern suburb of Birmingham in Shelby County, Alabama, United States. At the 2010 census, the population was 30,352. According to the 2013 Census Estimates, the city had a population of 31,342. Alabaster is the 16th largest city in Alabama (by number of residents) and still a growing population.
Alabaster mostly occupies the Cahaba and Opossum Valleys, which are divided by the Pine Ridge that runs north to south. To the east and west, both valleys are flanked by parallel mountain ridges that locally run north to south, but are a part of a larger system of ridges that generally runs north-east to south-west (the tailing ends of the Appalachian foothills). The valleys are drained by small creeks (Buck Creek, Beaverdam Creek) which flow into the Cahaba River.
George L. Scott, Sr., an Alabaster pioneer, owned and operated Alabaster Lime Co. His shipping point was known as “Scott Rock”. Later, housing was built to accommodate some of the employees, and the community acquired its name Alabaster from the "white calcium carbonate mineral". The First Bank of Alabaster opened in 1952, and its president was George L. Scott, Jr., who later became the first mayor of Alabaster. The first attempt in 1952 to incorporate Alabaster failed. In January 1953, the petition was again filed, and on February 23, 1953, Alabaster was officially incorporated with a favorable vote of 79 to 23, and 427 residing inhabitants. In 1955, the Alabaster Water and Gas Board was formed.
As of the census of 2010, there were 30,352 people, 11,016 households, and 6,482 families residing in the city .The population density was 1,104.8 people per square mile (426.6/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 81.2% White,15.0% Black or African American, 0.31% Native American, 0.64% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 2.2% from other races, and 0.69% from two or more races. 4.54% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
Search for the Right Alabaster AL Flooring Contractor Now
Searching for the right local floor remodeling contractor in Alabaster AL is easy. Just request a free estimate from our preferred vendor on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed floor installers servicing your area. Professionals are standing by waiting for the opportunity to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional to install your beautiful new floor at the right price now!
Other Important Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 15