How to Hire Professional Salt Lake City UT Floor Installers
When searching for local floor installers near Salt Lake City UT, you want contractors that are not only experienced working with wood, laminate or vinyl flooring, but also professionals that will deliver a superior and beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new kitchen pergo flooring or living room bamboo flooring to both friends and family. A skilled residential or commercial flooring contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger flooring or home remodeling company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent local reputation for quality service at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person prior to making your decision so that you know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a floor installation contractor.
Hardwood, Laminate and Vinyl Flooring
Following is a partial list of some of the services a professional Salt Lake City UT floor remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of home improvement or remodeling not listed, please request a free quote for more information.
- Hardwood flooring installation and refinishing
- Laminate flooring Installation
- Wood flooring replacement and repair
- Commercial Flooring installation
- Vinyl and linoleum floor installation and repair
- Bamboo flooring installation
- Hardwood floor cleaning
Choosing a Local Flooring Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for flooring installation, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all Salt Lake City UT contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So for your protection and satisfaction, follow these general guidelines when considering hiring a flooring expert for your new kitchen, bathroom or family room flooring project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Salt Lake City UT floor remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local floor contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Utah, as well as Salt Lake City or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as your State Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Salt Lake City UT flooring contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Salt Lake City UT floor remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Bit About Salt Lake City UT
Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City (often shortened to Salt Lake and abbreviated as SLC) is the capital and the most populous municipality of the U.S. state of Utah. With an estimated population of 190,884 in 2014, the city is the core of the Salt Lake City metropolitan area, which has a population of 1,153,340 (2014 estimate). Salt Lake City is further situated within a larger metropolis known as the Salt Lake City–Ogden–Provo Combined Statistical Area. This region is a corridor of contiguous urban and suburban development stretched along an approximately 120-mile (190 km) segment of the Wasatch Front, comprising a population of 2,423,912 as of 2014[update]. It is one of only two major urban areas in the Great Basin (the other is Reno, Nevada).
The world headquarters of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) is located in Salt Lake City and the city's street grid system is based on the temple constructed by the Church at its center. The city was originally founded in 1847 by Brigham Young, and other followers of the Church, who were seeking to escape religious persecution in the mid-western United States. These Mormon pioneers, as they would come to be known, at first encountered an arid, inhospitable valley that they then extensively irrigated and cultivated, thereby establishing the foundation to sustain the area's large population of today.
Due to its proximity to the Great Salt Lake, the city was originally named "Great Salt Lake City"; however, the word "great" was dropped from the official name in 1868 by the 17th Utah Territorial Legislature.
Immigration of international LDS members, mining booms, and the construction of the first transcontinental railroad initially brought economic growth, and the city was nicknamed the Crossroads of the West. It was traversed by the Lincoln Highway, the first transcontinental highway, in 1913, and presently two major cross-country freeways, I-15 and I-80, intersect in the city. Salt Lake City has since developed a strong outdoor recreation tourist industry based primarily on skiing, and hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics. It is the industrial banking center of the United States.
Search for the Right Salt Lake City UT Flooring Contractor Now
Searching for the right local floor remodeling contractor in Salt Lake City UT is easy. Just request a free estimate from our preferred vendor on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed floor installers servicing your area. Professionals are standing by waiting for the opportunity to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional to install your beautiful new floor at the right price now!
Other Important Cities in Utah
Business Results 1 - 10 of 82
Bing: Salt Lake City UT Flooring Installation Contractors Search results
25 Best Flooring and Carpet Companies - Salt Lake City UT
Hire the Best Flooring and Carpet Contractors in Salt Lake City, UT on HomeAdvisor. We Have 934 Homeowner Reviews of Top Salt Lake City Flooring and Carpet Contractors. Hardwood Floor Guys Inc., Elegant Hardwood Floors, Inc., Wharton Hardwood Floors, Inc., Jerry McDonald Flooring and Maintenance Service, First Class Flooring, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Flooring in Salt Lake City - Yelp
Find the best Flooring on Yelp: search reviews of 148 Salt Lake City businesses by price, type, or location.
Best 30 Flooring Contractors in Salt Lake City, UT with ...
Local Flooring Contractors in Salt Lake City, UT. Compare expert Flooring Contractors, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES®
Flooring Installation Salt Lake City Utah | The Flooring ...
The Flooring Pro Guys. It can be an overwhelming task to find the perfect flooring contractor in Salt Lake City, UT, yet that doesn’t mean it should be. You do not need to use up all of your spare time separating the dependable from the untrustworthy.
25 Best Tile Contractors - Salt Lake City UT | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Salt Lake City, UT on HomeAdvisor. We Have 785 Homeowner Reviews of Top Salt Lake City Tile Contractors. JB Services, Empire Flooring and Design, LLC, Tule Tile, LLC, Eladio's Handyman, LLC, MGProHomes, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Epoxy Flooring | Salt Lake City
Epoxy Flooring Contractors in Salt Lake City When it comes to epoxy flooring, there is only one company you can depend on in Salt Lake City. We operate a family-owned business with decades of experience, which helps us provide only the best flooring systems for our customers.
Find a commercial flooring contractor near Salt Lake City, UT
Here is the definitive list of Salt Lake City's commercial flooring contractors as rated by the Salt Lake City, UT community. Want to see who made the cut?
16 Best Salt Lake City Flooring Contractors | Expertise
Utah Design Center is a Salt Lake City flooring contractor focused on creating beautifully designed floors. The company carries carpet, hardwoods, laminate, vinyl, granite countertops, tile, blinds, and cabinets.
The 10 Best Epoxy Flooring Contractors in Salt Lake City ...
Here is the definitive list of Salt Lake City's epoxy flooring contractors as rated by the Salt Lake City, UT community. Want to see who made the cut? Join as a pro. Sign up. Log in. Home. Join as a pro. Sign up. Log in. Find an epoxy flooring installation professional near Salt Lake City, UT 56 near you. Find an epoxy flooring installation ...
The 10 Best Flooring Contractors in Salt Lake City, UT ...
Vama Floorcovering is a Full Service Flooring Contractor. We install and sell hardwood and engineered wood flooring, laminate flooring, carpet, cork, rubber and vinyl plank flooring. We also sand and finish wood floors with the atomic dustl...