How to Hire Professional Westerly RI Floor Installers
When searching for local floor installers near Westerly RI, you want contractors that are not only experienced working with wood, laminate or vinyl flooring, but also professionals that will deliver a superior and beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new kitchen pergo flooring or living room bamboo flooring to both friends and family. A skilled residential or commercial flooring contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger flooring or home remodeling company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent local reputation for quality service at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person prior to making your decision so that you know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a floor installation contractor.
Hardwood, Laminate and Vinyl Flooring
Following is a partial list of some of the services a professional Westerly RI floor remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of home improvement or remodeling not listed, please request a free quote for more information.
- Hardwood flooring installation and refinishing
- Laminate flooring Installation
- Wood flooring replacement and repair
- Commercial Flooring installation
- Vinyl and linoleum floor installation and repair
- Bamboo flooring installation
- Hardwood floor cleaning
Choosing a Local Flooring Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for flooring installation, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all Westerly RI contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So for your protection and satisfaction, follow these general guidelines when considering hiring a flooring expert for your new kitchen, bathroom or family room flooring project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Westerly RI floor remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local floor contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Rhode Island, as well as Westerly or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as your State Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Westerly RI flooring contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Westerly RI floor remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Bit About Westerly RI
Westerly, Rhode Island
Westerly is a town on the southwestern shoreline of Washington County, Rhode Island, first settled by English colonists in 1661 and incorporated as a municipality in 1669. It is a beachfront community on the south shore of the state with a population of 22,787 as of the 2010 census.
The Pawcatuck River flows on the western border of Westerly and was once renowned for its own species of Westerly salmon, three of which are on the town's official seal. The river flows from some 15 miles (24 km) inland, emptying into Little Narragansett Bay. It also serves as the boundary between Westerly and Pawcatuck, Connecticut. Three large salt ponds lie along the coast of Westerly which serve as shallow, reef-like pools whose outer walls form the long, white beaches for which the town became renowned. From west to east, these ponds are called Maschaug Pond, Winnapaug Pond, and Quonochontaug Pond.
A type of granite known as Westerly granite has long been quarried here. Westerly granite is ideal for statuary and has been used in numerous government buildings of several states along the eastern seaboard. The Westerly area was known for its granite and stone-cutting industry.
Westerly becomes a popular tourist destination during the summer months, during which the population nearly doubles. Its well-known beaches include Weekapaug Beach, Westerly Town Beach, Misquamicut State Beach, East Beach, and Watch Hill Beach.
Search for the Right Westerly RI Flooring Contractor Now
Searching for the right local floor remodeling contractor in Westerly RI is easy. Just request a free estimate from our preferred vendor on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed floor installers servicing your area. Professionals are standing by waiting for the opportunity to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional to install your beautiful new floor at the right price now!
Other Important Cities in Rhode Island
Business Results 1 - 10 of 89
Bing: Westerly RI Flooring Installation Contractors Search results
Flooring installation contractors in Westerly, RI - Porch
The most trusted flooring contractors in Westerly, RI are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local interior or exterior house painting companies.
Top 10 Flooring Contractors in Westerly, RI (with Photos ...
/ Flooring Contractors. The 10 Best Flooring contractors in Westerly, RI. ... I am looking for a professional to install hardwood flooring in my living. The living room is 15'x22'. If you are interested, please contact me. BuildZoom: The Best Way to Hire. Let us do the work for you. Simply describe your project and we'll help you find the ...
Hardwood Flooring Installation | Westerly, RI
Our family owned and operated company, Westerly Hardwood Floors, provides hardwood flooring installation in Westerly, RI. We pride ourselves on maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction so that you are always thrilled with the final results.
Linoleum Flooring Installation - Westerly, Rhode Island
Our contractors provide the best linoleum flooring installation services in Westerly, Rhode Island. We can install, repair, and replace any type of linoleum floor, anywhere in your home.
Linoleum Flooring In Westerly, Rhode Island - Installation ...
Are you looking for the best linoleum flooring company in the Westerly, Rhode Island area? Our Westerly flooring contractors specialize with linoleum flooring, but we can refinish, repair, install, and replace any type of flooring. Here are a few other reasons you should hire our Westerly flooring contractors.
Real Wood Flooring | Westerly, RI
Augment Your Interior with Real Wood Flooring in Westerly, RI. Westerly Hardwood Floors is your source for top-quality, real wood flooring in Westerly RI. Local homeowners know that when they’re looking to change the look and feel of their spaces substantially, we’re the team for the job.
Top Best Westerly RI Flooring Contractors | Angie's List
Read real reviews and see ratings for Westerly, RI Flooring Contractors near you to help you pick the right pro Floor Installation. Top Best Westerly RI Flooring Contractors | Angie's List Join For Free How It Works Sign In
Best 20 Floors & Flooring Contractors in Westerly, RI by ...
Find the Best Westerly, RI Floors & Flooring Contractors on Superpages. We have multiple consumer reviews, photos and opening hours.
Westerly Hardwood Floors | Better Business Bureau® Profile
Hardwood Floor Contractors in Westerly, RI. See BBB rating, reviews, complaints, & more. Better Business Bureau ... Westerly Hardwood Floors specializes in the installation, maintenance and repair ...