How to Hire Professional Shreveport LA Floor Installers
When searching for local floor installers near Shreveport LA, you want contractors that are not only experienced working with wood, laminate or vinyl flooring, but also professionals that will deliver a superior and beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new kitchen pergo flooring or living room bamboo flooring to both friends and family. A skilled residential or commercial flooring contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger flooring or home remodeling company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent local reputation for quality service at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person prior to making your decision so that you know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a floor installation contractor.
Hardwood, Laminate and Vinyl Flooring
Following is a partial list of some of the services a professional Shreveport LA floor remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of home improvement or remodeling not listed, please request a free quote for more information.
- Hardwood flooring installation and refinishing
- Laminate flooring Installation
- Wood flooring replacement and repair
- Commercial Flooring installation
- Vinyl and linoleum floor installation and repair
- Bamboo flooring installation
- Hardwood floor cleaning
Choosing a Local Flooring Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for flooring installation, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all Shreveport LA contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So for your protection and satisfaction, follow these general guidelines when considering hiring a flooring expert for your new kitchen, bathroom or family room flooring project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Shreveport LA floor remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local floor contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Louisiana, as well as Shreveport or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as your State Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Shreveport LA flooring contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Shreveport LA floor remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Bit About Shreveport LA
Shreveport (/ˈʃriːvpɔːrt/ SHREEV-port) is the third-largest city in the state of Louisiana and the 122nd-largest city in the United States. It is the seat of Caddo Parish and extends along the Red River (most notably at Wright Island, the Charles and Marie Hamel Memorial Park, and Bagley Island) into neighboring Bossier Parish. Bossier City is separated from Shreveport by the Red River. The population of Shreveport was 199,311 in 2010, and the Shreveport-Bossier City Metropolitan Area population exceeds 441,000. The Shreveport-Bossier City Metropolitan Statistical Area ranks 111th in the United States, according to the United States Census Bureau.
Shreveport was founded in 1836 by the Shreve Town Company, a corporation established to develop a town at the juncture of the newly navigable Red River and the Texas Trail, an overland route into the newly independent Republic of Texas and, prior to that time, into Mexico.
Shreveport was established to launch a town at the meeting point of the Red River and the Texas Trail. The Red River was cleared and made newly navigable by Captain Henry Miller Shreve, who led the United States Army Corps of Engineers effort to clear the Red River. A 180-mile-long (290 km) natural log jam, the Great Raft, had previously obstructed passage to shipping. Shreve used a specially modified riverboat, the Heliopolis, to remove the log jam. The company and the village of Shreve Town were named in Shreve's honor.
Shreve Town was originally contained within the boundaries of a section of land sold to the company in 1835 by the indigenous Caddo Indians. In 1838 Caddo Parish was created from the large Natchitoches Parish, and Shreve Town became its parish seat. On March 20, 1839, the town was incorporated as Shreveport. Originally, the town consisted of 64 city blocks, created by eight streets running west from the Red River and eight streets running south from Cross Bayou, one of its tributaries.
Wednesday 03/20 40%
Chance of Rain
Partly cloudy this morning. Increasing clouds with periods of showers this afternoon. High 73F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Thursday 03/21 10%
Sunny. High 73F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday 03/22 10%
Sunshine. High 72F. Winds light and variable.
Saturday 03/23 20%
Cloudy skies. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 69F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday 03/24 40%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Scattered thunderstorms. High 74F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Search for the Right Shreveport LA Flooring Contractor Now
Searching for the right local floor remodeling contractor in Shreveport LA is easy. Just request a free estimate from our preferred vendor on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed floor installers servicing your area. Professionals are standing by waiting for the opportunity to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional to install your beautiful new floor at the right price now!
Other Important Cities in Louisiana
Business Results 1 - 10 of 3
Bing: Shreveport LA Flooring Installation Contractors Search results
The 10 Best Flooring Contractors in Shreveport, LA 2019 ...
The most trusted flooring contractors in Shreveport, LA are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local interior or exterior house painting companies.
Best 30 Flooring Contractors in Shreveport, LA with ...
Shreveport, LA; Flooring Contractors; Flooring Contractors in Shreveport, LA. About Search Results. About Search Results. YP - The Real Yellow Pages SM - helps you find the right local businesses to meet your specific needs. Search results are sorted by a combination of factors to give you a set of choices in response to your search criteria ...
Top 8 Best Shreveport LA Flooring Contractors | Angie's List
Find Top-Rated Shreveport Flooring Contractors There are 8 top-rated flooring contractors in your area and 81 to avoid.
9 Best Flooring and Carpet Companies - Shreveport LA
Hire the Best Flooring and Carpet Contractors in Shreveport, LA on HomeAdvisor. We Have 55 Homeowner Reviews of Top Shreveport Flooring and Carpet Contractors. Ark-La-Tex Floor Covering, LLC, Mosley Construction, LLC, Rabb's A Plus Heating and Air, LLC, Pippenger Construction, LLC, Mortimore's Decks and Floors. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
The 10 Best Concrete Contractors in Shreveport, LA 2019
Here is the definitive list of Shreveport's concrete contractors as rated by the Shreveport, LA community. Want to see who made the cut? Join as a pro. Sign up. Log in. Home. Join as a pro. Sign up. Log in. ... Hardwood floor installation can take anywhere from a few days to more than two weeks, depending on demolition, wood type, the condition ...
Best 20 Floors & Flooring Contractors in Shreveport, LA by ...
Find the Best Shreveport, LA Floors & Flooring Contractors on Superpages. We have multiple consumer reviews, photos and opening hours. Toggle navigation. ... • Floors & Flooring Installation & Refinishing • Flooring Contractors • Painting Contractors • Floors & Flooring Retail; Expand Map.
Floor Installers in Shreveport | Flooring Shreveport LA ...
Compare top LA Flooring contractors. Find the best pro for you right now! ... Flooring Shreveport Costs. ... 5015 Flournoy Lucas Rd, Shreveport, LA 71101. They stain wood flooring, install prefinished wood flooring, stain wood flooring and repair hardwood floors. Through flooring business, the Martin Specialty Coatings workforce has improved ...
Top Flooring Installation Services in Shreveport, LA
Shreveport has 800 companies offering flooring installation services across various zip codes in the area. Here are some zip codes with the highest amounts of flooring installation services: 16 companies offering flooring installation services in 71112. 16 companies offering flooring installation services in 71109.
Hardwood Flooring Installers in Shreveport, LA - HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Hardwood Flooring Installers in Shreveport, LA on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from 5 Top Shreveport Wood Flooring Install services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly.
Flooring Installation Shreveport Louisiana | The Flooring ...
The Flooring Pro Guys have already done that and work with only the most reliable and skilled flooring contractors in Shreveport, LA. Here are a few techniques and tricks to assist with finding the right flooring contractor to work with.