How to Hire Professional Westport CT Floor Installers
When searching for local floor installers near Westport CT, you want contractors that are not only experienced working with wood, laminate or vinyl flooring, but also professionals that will deliver a superior and beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new kitchen pergo flooring or living room bamboo flooring to both friends and family. A skilled residential or commercial flooring contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger flooring or home remodeling company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent local reputation for quality service at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person prior to making your decision so that you know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a floor installation contractor.
Hardwood, Laminate and Vinyl Flooring
Following is a partial list of some of the services a professional Westport CT floor remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of home improvement or remodeling not listed, please request a free quote for more information.
- Hardwood flooring installation and refinishing
- Laminate flooring Installation
- Wood flooring replacement and repair
- Commercial Flooring installation
- Vinyl and linoleum floor installation and repair
- Bamboo flooring installation
- Hardwood floor cleaning
Choosing a Local Flooring Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for flooring installation, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all Westport CT contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So for your protection and satisfaction, follow these general guidelines when considering hiring a flooring expert for your new kitchen, bathroom or family room flooring project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Westport CT floor remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local floor contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Connecticut, as well as Westport or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as your State Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Westport CT flooring contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Westport CT floor remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Bit About Westport CT
Westport is a town located in Connecticut, along Long Island Sound within Connecticut's Gold Coast in Fairfield County, Connecticut. It is 47 miles (76 km) northeast of New York City. The town had a population of 26,391 according to the 2010 U.S. Census, and is ranked 22nd among America’s 100 Richest Places as well as second in Connecticut, with populations between 20,000 and 65,000.
The earliest known inhabitants of the Westport area as identified through archaeological finds date back 7,500 years. Records from the first white settlers report the Pequot Indians living in the area which they called Machamux translated by the colonialists as beautiful land. Settlement by colonialists dates back to the five Bankside Farmers; whose families grew and prospered into a community that continued expanding. The community had its own ecclesiastical society, supported by independent civil and religious elements, enabling it to be independent from the Town of Fairfield. The settlers arrived in 1693, having followed cattle to the isolated area known to the Pequot as the "beautiful land". As the settlement expanded its name changed: it was briefly known as "Bankside" in 1693, officially named Green's Farm in 1732 in honor of Bankside Farmer John Green and in 1835 incorporated as the Town of Westport.
During the revolutionary war—on April 25, 1777, a 1,850 strong British force under the command of the Royal Governor of the Province of New York, Major General William Tryon landed on Compo Beach to destroy the Continental Army’s military supplies in Danbury.Minutemen from Westport and the surrounding areas crouched hiding whilst Tryon's troops passed and then launched an offensive from their rear. A statue on Compo beach commemorates this plan of attack with a crouching Minuteman facing away from the beach; looking onto what would have been the rear of the troops.
The Town of Westport was officially incorporated on May 28, 1835, with lands from Fairfield, Weston and Norwalk. Daniel Nash led 130 people of Westport in the petitioning of the Town of Fairfield for Westport’s incorporation. The driving force behind the petition was to assist their seaport’s economic viability that was being undermined by neighboring towns’ seaports. For several decades after that, Westport was a prosperous agricultural community distinguishing itself as the leading onion-growing center in the U.S. Blight caused the collapse of Westport's onion industry leading to the mills and factories replacing agricultural as the town's economic engine.
Wednesday 03/20 0%
Sunny to partly cloudy. High around 50F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday 03/21 80%
Showers early, becoming a steady rain later in the day. High 47F. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch. Locally heavy rainfall possible.
Friday 03/22 20%
Cloudy skies. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 47F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph.
Saturday 03/23 10%
Cloudy and windy. High 43F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
Sunday 03/24 0%
Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. High 56F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Search for the Right Westport CT Flooring Contractor Now
Searching for the right local floor remodeling contractor in Westport CT is easy. Just request a free estimate from our preferred vendor on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed floor installers servicing your area. Professionals are standing by waiting for the opportunity to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional to install your beautiful new floor at the right price now!
Other Important Cities in Connecticut
Business Results 1 - 10 of 445
Bing: Westport CT Flooring Installation Contractors Search results
Get a Rough Estimate of Replacement Flooring Costs ...
Step 4: Know the Price of Installation. You’ve got to get floor replacement estimates from local flooring contractors to find out the price of installation per ...
JJBM Maintenance Irrigation Landscape & Lighting ...
JJBM Maintenance Irrigation Landscape & Lighting | HomeAdvisor prescreened Lawn & Garden Services, Tree Services in Bridgeport, CT.
Painting, Roofing, Deck Building, Epoxy Flooring ...
Commercial & Residential Painting, Roofing, Deck, Epoxy Flooring, Gutter Contractor in CT Connecticut's Leading Home Improvement Contractor. Anyone can paint a house or get their house painted.
Your Construction Group, Home Remodeling Specialists
Home Remodeling and Commercial Renovation Experts. We are kitchen, bathroom and full interior home remodelers and contractors and commercial renovation and remodeling specialists serving Fairfield County, Connecticut, including Ridgefield, Danbury, Greenwich, New Canaan, Darien, Bethel, and Westport and the Hudson Valley, New York area, including Westchester County, Rockland County, Orange ...
State of Rhode Island: Contractors' Registration and ...
This is a list of all suspended, revoked and any contractors with pending violations. This list was developed to keep consumers informed of contractor registration status changes and is updated frequently.
Connecticut Woodworkers, Woodworking resources and ...
West Cornwall Chestnut Woodworking & Antique Flooring Company, LLC 14 Great Hollow Road West Cornwall, CT 06796-1806 Phone: (860) 672-4300 Fax: (860) 672-2441
Interior Consultants, a multifaceted design firm, specializes in high-end, luxury residential and hospitality design. Its founder, Denise Balassi, has earned the respect of the most discerning clients.
Contractors | Kansas City NARI
Award winning, NARI Certified Kitchen & Bath Remodeler. Kitchen and bath remodeling specialist. Old house experts. Our craftsmen are employees…Established in 1994…CLC on staff
Anderson Overhead Door, LLC | Wauregan, CT 06387 - HomeAdvisor
Higher Quality at a Better Price. Anderson Overhead door specialize in Residential and Commercial garage door and opener sales service and installation...
2019 Concrete Slab Costs & Types | Concrete Calculator
According to our concrete slab material estimator, the average minimum cost per square foot of a concrete slab is $1.36 and the maximum is $1.88.