How to Hire Professional Ketchikan AK Floor Installers
When searching for local floor installers near Ketchikan AK, you want contractors that are not only experienced working with wood, laminate or vinyl flooring, but also professionals that will deliver a superior and beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new kitchen pergo flooring or living room bamboo flooring to both friends and family. A skilled residential or commercial flooring contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger flooring or home remodeling company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent local reputation for quality service at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person prior to making your decision so that you know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a floor installation contractor.
Hardwood, Laminate and Vinyl Flooring
Following is a partial list of some of the services a professional Ketchikan AK floor remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of home improvement or remodeling not listed, please request a free quote for more information.
- Hardwood flooring installation and refinishing
- Laminate flooring Installation
- Wood flooring replacement and repair
- Commercial Flooring installation
- Vinyl and linoleum floor installation and repair
- Bamboo flooring installation
- Hardwood floor cleaning
Choosing a Local Flooring Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for flooring installation, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all Ketchikan AK contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So for your protection and satisfaction, follow these general guidelines when considering hiring a flooring expert for your new kitchen, bathroom or family room flooring project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Ketchikan AK floor remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local floor contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alaska, as well as Ketchikan or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as your State Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Ketchikan AK flooring contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Ketchikan AK floor remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Bit About Ketchikan AK
Ketchikan (/ˈkɛtʃɪkæn/ KETCH-ih-kan;Tlingit: Kichx̱áan) is a city in the Ketchikan Gateway Borough, Alaska, United States, the southeasternmost city in Alaska. With a population at the 2010 census of 8,050, it is the fifth-most populous city in the state, and tenth-most populous community when census-designated places are included. The surrounding borough, encompassing suburbs both north and south of the city along the Tongass Highway (most of which are commonly regarded as a part of Ketchikan, albeit not a part of the city itself), plus small rural settlements accessible mostly by water, registered a population of 13,477 in that same census. Estimates put the 2017 population at 13,754 people. Incorporated on August 25, 1900, Ketchikan is the earliest extant incorporated city in Alaska, because consolidation or unification elsewhere in Alaska resulted in dissolution of those communities' city governments. Ketchikan is located on Revillagigedo Island, so named in 1793 by Captain George Vancouver.
Ketchikan is named after Ketchikan Creek, which flows through the town, emptying into the Tongass Narrows a short distance southeast of its downtown. "Ketchikan" comes from the Tlingit name for the creek, Kitschk-hin, the meaning of which is unclear. It may mean "the river belonging to Kitschk"; other accounts claim it means "Thundering Wings of an Eagle". In modern Tlingit this name is rendered as Kichx̱áan.
Ketchikan Creek served as a summer fish camp for Tlingit natives for untold years before the town was established by Mike Martin in 1885. He was sent to the area by an Oregon canning company to assess prospects. He established the saltery Clark & Martin and a general store with Nova Scotia native George Clark who had been foreman at a cannery that burned down.
Ketchikan has the world's largest collection of standing totem poles, found throughout the city and at four major locations: Saxman Totem Park, Totem Bight State Park, Potlatch Park, and the Totem Heritage Center. Most of the totems at Saxman Totem Park and Totem Bight State Park are recarvings of older poles, a practice that began during the Roosevelt Administration through the Civilian Conservation Corps. The Totem Heritage Center displays preserved 19th-century poles rescued from abandoned village sites near Ketchikan.
Search for the Right Ketchikan AK Flooring Contractor Now
Searching for the right local floor remodeling contractor in Ketchikan AK is easy. Just request a free estimate from our preferred vendor on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed floor installers servicing your area. Professionals are standing by waiting for the opportunity to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional to install your beautiful new floor at the right price now!
Other Important Cities in Alaska
Bing: Ketchikan AK Flooring Installation Contractors Search results
Poured Concrete Installation or Concrete Pouring in ...
Our expert Ketchikan, Alaska concrete contractors specialize in concrete and cement services, and we can help you repair, replace install or resurface any type of patio, driveway or sidewalk. We have years of experience, and years of proven and well done concrete projects.
Floor Coverings in Ketchikan, AK - yellowpages.com
Local floor coverings in Ketchikan, AK. Compare expert Floor Coverings, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES® ... What types of floor materials will a flooring contractor install? What types of flooring projects can be fixed without a contractor?
Find Flooring Installation Contractors near Ketchikan AK ...
How to Hire Professional Ketchikan AK Floor Installers. When searching for local floor installers near Ketchikan AK, you want contractors that are not only experienced working with wood, laminate or vinyl flooring, but also professionals that will deliver a superior and beautifully finished product.You want to be proud to show off your new kitchen pergo flooring or living room bamboo flooring ...
Windows Installers in Ketchikan | Window Ketchikan AK ...
So what are the window costs in Ketchikan, AK? One common project is vinyl window installation.Read more about Ketchikan vinyl window installation prices. What are the fees in order to vinyl window installation? $102.42 to $196.60 is the sum you can expect to spend to install vinyl windows in Ketchikan.
Basement Floor Repair and Resurfacing Services in ...
We are a team of certified Ketchikan, Alaska concrete flooring contractors, and we provide affordable, reliable and professional basement floor installation, repair and resurfacing services for customers in the Ketchikan area. Here's a few reasons you should set up an appointment with us now. * We Are Fast, Professional, Friendly and Dependable
SouthEast Flooring and Home Improvement, LLC - Facebook
SouthEast Flooring and Home Improvement, LLC - 2050 Sea Level Unit #108, Ketchikan, Alaska 99901 - Rated 4.5 based on 8 Reviews "We had SE flooring...
Best 4 Flooring Contractors in Meyers Chuck, AK with ...
Local flooring contractors in Meyers Chuck, AK. Compare expert Flooring Contractors, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES® ... 2050 Sea Level Dr Ste 108 Ketchikan, AK 99901 (907) 225-8453. Flooring Contractors Floor Materials. ... What types of floor materials will a flooring contractor install?
Sound Flooring and Construction, 1600 Water St, Ketchikan ...
Ketchikan, AK; Sound Flooring and Construction ... patience and commitment to unparalleled professionalism is what sets us apart from other contractors. Sound Flooring Solutions knows success is acheived through exceptional skill and discipline as well as a strong sense of client responsibility in order to realize the best possible results ...
Flooring installation contractors in Ketchikan, AK - Porch
The most trusted flooring contractors in Ketchikan, AK are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local interior or exterior house painting companies.
Top Flooring Contractors in Ketchikan, AK (with Photos ...
The 10 Best Flooring contractors in Ketchikan, AK. Search for a Flooring contractor or submit a project to find licensed contractors. Get quotes on your project Recent Projects. View all. Custom Home Build. Request a Quote Filter for Flooring contractors.