How to Hire Professional Foley AL Floor Installers
When searching for local floor installers near Foley AL, you want contractors that are not only experienced working with wood, laminate or vinyl flooring, but also professionals that will deliver a superior and beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new kitchen pergo flooring or living room bamboo flooring to both friends and family. A skilled residential or commercial flooring contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger flooring or home remodeling company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent local reputation for quality service at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person prior to making your decision so that you know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a floor installation contractor.
Hardwood, Laminate and Vinyl Flooring
Following is a partial list of some of the services a professional Foley AL floor remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of home improvement or remodeling not listed, please request a free quote for more information.
- Hardwood flooring installation and refinishing
- Laminate flooring Installation
- Wood flooring replacement and repair
- Commercial Flooring installation
- Vinyl and linoleum floor installation and repair
- Bamboo flooring installation
- Hardwood floor cleaning
Choosing a Local Flooring Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for flooring installation, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all Foley AL contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So for your protection and satisfaction, follow these general guidelines when considering hiring a flooring expert for your new kitchen, bathroom or family room flooring project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Foley AL floor remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local floor contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Foley or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as your State Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Foley AL flooring contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Foley AL floor remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Bit About Foley AL
Foley is a city in Baldwin County, Alabama, United States. The 2010 census lists the population of the city as 14,618. Foley is a principal city of the Daphne–Fairhope–Foley Micropolitan Statistical Area, which includes all of Baldwin County.
Foley was named for its founder, John B. Foley of Chicago. As Foley was traveling to President McKinley's funeral in 1901, he met a railroad agent who told him of the area in South Baldwin County. Foley came down the following year, and he liked what he saw and bought up to between 40,000 acres (160 km2) and 50,000 acres (200 km2) of land. He then returned to Chicago and formed the Magnolia Land Company. As he began to sell off acreage, he realized the need for a better way for the people to come to Foley.
Foley used some of his own money to lay the rails so the train could come from Bay Minette. The first railroad station was built in 1905. The original station burned in 1908 and was replaced the following year by the station that is now the City's museum. John Foley donated parcels of land for a school and churches. These included the current Catholic Church, Saint Margret of Scotland, the Baptist church and the Methodist church. The first train to service Foley was a wood burner called the "Pine Knot Special." It would leave Foley in the morning and make a return trip in the afternoon. As people cleared the land, they would place lighter knots in a wood box for the engineer to use as was needed. Foley was incorporated in 1915 with G. I. Weatherly serving as its first mayor.
As of the census of 2010, there were 14,618 people, 6,165 households, and 4,124 families residing in the city. The population density was 530.8 people per square mile (205.1/km²). There were 7,359 housing units at an average density of 284.1 per square mile (198.7/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 77.1% White, 14.9% Black or African American, 0.6% Native American, 1.1% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 4.7% from other races, and 1.6% from two or more races. 9.5% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
Search for the Right Foley AL Flooring Contractor Now
Searching for the right local floor remodeling contractor in Foley AL is easy. Just request a free estimate from our preferred vendor on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed floor installers servicing your area. Professionals are standing by waiting for the opportunity to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional to install your beautiful new floor at the right price now!
Other Important Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 11
Bing: Foley AL Flooring Installation Contractors Search results
12 Best Flooring and Carpet Companies - Foley AL
Hire the Best Flooring and Carpet Contractors in Foley, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 177 Homeowner Reviews of Top Foley Flooring and Carpet Contractors. ACE Quality Custom Homes, LLC, Mr. Sandless Gulf Shores, CandF General Contractors, LLC, Abney Custom Carpentry, The Handy Man. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Home - G&J Tile and Floor Covering - Foley, AL - Flooring ...
For the best prices on tile, hardwood, carpet, stone, and vinyl flooring, be sure to check out G&J Tile and Floor Covering, located in Foley, AL.
Hardwood Flooring | Foley, AL | W & W Flooring & Design
For the best high-scale flooring solutions in Foley, AL, and the surrounding areas, the company to call is W & W Flooring and Design. From ceramic tile to hardwood floors, our company does it all and makes providing exceptional customer service our top priority.
Foley, AL - Bama Flooring Store - Sales and Professional ...
Bama Flooring sales & installation in Foley, Gulf Shores, Pensacola, Fairhope, Mobile & surrounding areas. Quality installation at a fair price. Bama Flooring sales & installation in Foley, Gulf Shores, Pensacola, Fairhope, Mobile & surrounding areas. Quality installation at a fair price. ... Robertsdale, AL 36567 ...
The 10 Best Flooring Contractors in Gulf Shores, AL 2020 ...
The most trusted flooring contractors in Gulf Shores, AL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local interior or exterior house painting companies.
Find Flooring Installation Contractors near Foley AL 36535 ...
Find Flooring Installation Contractors near Foley AL 36535 How to Hire Professional Foley AL Floor Installers When searching for local floor installers near Foley AL, you want contractors that are not only experienced working with wood, laminate or vinyl flooring, but also professionals that will deliver a superior and beautifully finished product.
The 10 Best Flooring Contractors in Foley, AL 2019 - Porch
The most trusted flooring contractors in Foley, AL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local interior or exterior house painting companies.
Best 30 Flooring Installers in Foley, AL with Reviews - YP.com
Local Flooring Installers in Foley, AL. Compare expert Flooring Installers, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES® ... Flooring Contractors Flooring Installation Equipment & Supplies Hardwoods. Directions More Info (251) 634-1718. 1806 Augusta Dr W. Mobile, AL 36695.
LOWE'S OF FOLEY - Flooring. Flooring Contractor - Foley ...
See past project info for LOWE'S OF FOLEY - Flooring including photos, cost and more. Foley, AL - Flooring Contractor
The 10 Best Flooring Installation Services in Foley, AL ...
Foley has 200 companies offering flooring installation services across various zip codes in the area. Here are some zip codes with the highest amounts of flooring installation services: 4 companies offering flooring installation services in 36580. 4 companies offering flooring installation services in 36530.