How to Hire Professional Addison AL Floor Installers
When searching for local floor installers near Addison AL, you want contractors that are not only experienced working with wood, laminate or vinyl flooring, but also professionals that will deliver a superior and beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new kitchen pergo flooring or living room bamboo flooring to both friends and family. A skilled residential or commercial flooring contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger flooring or home remodeling company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent local reputation for quality service at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person prior to making your decision so that you know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a floor installation contractor.
Hardwood, Laminate and Vinyl Flooring
Following is a partial list of some of the services a professional Addison AL floor remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of home improvement or remodeling not listed, please request a free quote for more information.
- Hardwood flooring installation and refinishing
- Laminate flooring Installation
- Wood flooring replacement and repair
- Commercial Flooring installation
- Vinyl and linoleum floor installation and repair
- Bamboo flooring installation
- Hardwood floor cleaning
Choosing a Local Flooring Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for flooring installation, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all Addison AL contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So for your protection and satisfaction, follow these general guidelines when considering hiring a flooring expert for your new kitchen, bathroom or family room flooring project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Addison AL floor remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local floor contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Addison or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as your State Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Addison AL flooring contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Addison AL floor remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Bit About Addison AL
As of the 2010 Census Addison had a population of 757. The population was 99.1% white, 0.1% black or African American, 0.1% Asian, 0.7% from two or more races and 0.4% Hispanic or Latino of any race.
As of the census of 2000, there were 723 people, 315 households, and 219 families residing in the town. The population density was 205.7 people per square mile (79.5/km²). There were 339 housing units at an average density of 96.5 per square mile (37.3/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 99.45% White, 0.14% Black or African American, 0.14% Native American, 0.14% Asian, and 0.14% from two or more races. 0.14% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 315 households out of which 30.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.0% were married couples living together, 12.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.2% were non-families. 28.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.30 and the average family size was 2.78.
In the town, the population was spread out with 22.1% under the age of 18, 8.4% from 18 to 24, 30.2% from 25 to 44, 24.9% from 45 to 64, and 14.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females, there were 93.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 84.0 males.
Search for the Right Addison AL Flooring Contractor Now
Searching for the right local floor remodeling contractor in Addison AL is easy. Just request a free estimate from our preferred vendor on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed floor installers servicing your area. Professionals are standing by waiting for the opportunity to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional to install your beautiful new floor at the right price now!
Other Important Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 5